Sunday, October 28, 2012

Porch Project: Here comes the hotstepper

After sealing the main porch, I tackled the stairs.  This was fortunately an easier process and took just 2 days (two hours after work Friday, 5 hours on Saturday).

I stenciled a couple of Moroccan star patterns on each step, with a simple accent in between.  This was fairly easy, only made difficult because of the degradation of my paintbrushes.  Here's a tip for you -- buy a lot of higher quality stencil brushes in various diameters at the start of the project.


On the risers, I alternated two border patterns.  I kept the same color scheme as the porch floor, but added in a royal blue to complement the front door.  This was leftover from painting our cornhole set (Go Nats!).  


I decided to only use sealer on the risers because of how slippery it made the surface of the porch.  I don't need some trick-or-treater slipping and suing us!

Next up, it all comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment